We tell you in detail what are the best tricks to reduce sugar that the well-known British chef Jamie Oliver proposes.
For those of you who have not yet heard of him, I tell you that Jamie Oliver is a British chef who takes the need to educate on nutrition very seriously and has been the promoter of movements such as Food Revolution Day, which you already know about. we have spoken in Cocinillas.
As I personally like to read to him, today I am going to tell you his tricks to consume less sugar almost without knowing.
Tricks to reduce sugar in drinks
· To hydrate yourself well, mineral water is much better than soft drinks.
· Easy trick, don't have sugary sodas at home so you won't be tempted to drink them. Leave them just in case for when you're out and about for a special occasion.
· And if the water alone does not make you very funny, try making these homemade soft drinks with fresh fruits.
· Limit fruit juices, even if they are natural, to 150 ml servings which are one of the famous 5 daily servings of fruits and vegetables and, whenever possible, try to take the whole fruit, without discarding the pulp that contains fiber instead of just the juice.
· And keep in mind that children up to 8 years old need between 1.1 and 1.3 liters of liquid a day, adult women at least 1.6 liters and men 2, although you will need more if, for example, you do sports.
Tricks to reduce sugar in breakfast
Here in Spain, we are very sweet at breakfast time and less protein, when the truth is that we need these to feed our muscles along with enough carbohydrates to provide us with energy until lunch.
Some examples of breakfasts that Jamie Oliver proposes are:
· Eggs as a source of protein, which can be scrambled or boiled or poached.
· For the little ones, we can prepare them in a more fun way, like these eggs and soldiers.
· He even proposes us to have French toast or croutons for breakfast but with fruits that add sweetness instead of sugar.
· The smoothies are also good friends at breakfast time.
· And if we want some good pancakes, Jamie suggests using some ripe fruit in the dough instead of sugar.
Tricks to reduce sugar in desserts and sweets
· Save the sugary sweets for the weekend or for very special occasions.
· On a daily basis, if you can't do without dessert, have fresh fruit or yogurt.
· If the little one’s protest, try to make eating fruit fun by making these fruit skewers for example.
· And if it's summer, you can use the fruit to make fruit popsicles or healthy ice creams like this one with strawberries and yogurt.
· Prevent the little ones from getting too used to sweet flavors and teach them to appreciate other healthier snacks like this zucchini pâté or guacamole.
· Sometimes thirst is confused with hunger and that craving for sweets that suddenly enters you, there are times that you spend drinking a glass of water, tea or coffee. So, in case of a craving, it's not a bad idea to have a drink and see what happens. And here Jamie reminds us of the easy trick above, if you don't have temptations at home, you won't fall for them.
Cannabis is a plant, and there are two main types, Cannabis Indica and Cannabis Sativa. Both marijuana and CBD can be derived from both types, but hemp is only derived from Cannabis Sativa. By law, hemp must contain no more than 0.3% THC (the oil in marijuana that gives you a high) to be called hemp, otherwise, growers are at risk of prosecution under federal law. Hemp is a great resource for making 100% biodegradable, environmentally friendly products such as clothing, packaging, biofuel, building materials, and paper.