This fruit is a source of fiber, vitamins B, C, K and potassium, while it stands out for its high content of nutrients and antioxidants.
Squeezing a pomegranate may seem like a difficult task, but it is worth it when you consider all the health benefits of drinking its juice. For those who are not familiar with it, it is a round red fruit with small edible seeds inside.
We can find them between September and January, and they stand out for their high content of nutrients and antioxidants, and they are a source of fiber, vitamin B, C, K and potassium, which makes them the protagonists of the numerous advantages they provide to the body:
1. IMPROVES BLOOD PRESSURE: those who suffer from hypertension should drink pomegranate juice on a daily basis, as it is a nutritional way to reduce the risk of suffering a myocardial infarction and other strokes.
2. PREVENTS HEART DISEASES: the fatty acid that it presents can help regulate cholesterol and triglycerides.
3. IMPROVES MEMORY: it is used for both visual and verbal memory, so its consumption is indicated to delay the consequences of dementia and Alzheimer's disease.
4. BATTLE ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION - Although scientific research is still required, this type of juice has been shown to increase blood flow.
5. ANTI-INFLAMMATORY EFFECTS: its properties contribute to the reduction of inflammation of the digestive tract.
6. BACTERIAL AND FUNGAL INFECTIONS: antibacterial effects can protect us, for example, against gingivitis.
7. INCREASES SPORTS PERFORMANCE: nitrates improve endurance when doing physical exercise. To do this, it is best to drink a glass of juice half an hour before starting training. In addition, it also promotes weight loss.
8. DRINKING FOR PEOPLE WITH DIABETES: A study from the Jordan University of Science and Technology showed a reduction in glucose levels in people with type 2 diabetes for every 1.5 milligram dose.
9. ACTS AS A SUN PROTECTOR: Another study published in Experimental Dermatology indicates that pomegranate juice can help protect the skin from the sun's ultraviolet rays thanks to its antioxidant properties.
10. DERMATOLOGICAL CARE: hydrolyzable anthocyanins and tannins contained in pomegranate protect the epidermis of the whole body against free radicals that can alter cell function, such as those from pollution, food additives, pesticides or tobacco smoke.
Maintaining a healthy weight has its obvious health benefits but it can also help you better manage type 2 diabetes. Losing weight can bolster your blood sugar control and lower your risk for diabetes complications like high blood pressure and plaque buildup in the arteries, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).